• Anum Aziz Muhammad Ali Jinnah University



Climate Disaster, Climate Predictions, Climate evolution, Disaster Management


In this paper, the Total deaths and Cost per Index (CPI) of worldwide climate disaster dataset has been modelled. The time period of the dataset is from 1900 to 2021. The Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) has been applied to forecast the Total Deaths and CPI of the study area. The total of 75% of the train data is used for construction of the model and the remaining 25% dataset is used for testing the model. The ARIMA model is general provides more accurate projection especially interval forecast and is more reliable than other common statistical techniques. The best-fitted model is identified as ARIMA(2,0,1) and (2,1,2) for Cost per Index CPI and Total Deaths respectively, generated on the basis of minimum values of Akaike Information Criterion (AIC) and Bayesian Information Criterion (BIC) procedures. The accuracy parameter considered as Mean Absolute Error (MAE) and Root Mean Square Error (RMSE) both parameters shows the model is accurate respectively. There is a 7% difference between the auto and manual models for the CPI feature, similarly, there is a 4% difference for Total Deaths, indicating that CPI plays a significant impact in climatic disasters. In order to identify best fitted model, we applied the model manually and automatic processing. By means of Auto Correlation Function (ACF) and Partial Auto Correlation Function (PACF) plots, the most appropriate order of the ARIMA model are determine and evaluated. Accordingly the created model can help in determining future strategies related to climate disaster dataset of the world. From the forecast result it is found that the results seems to show an increasing trend in CPI values and the minimal decreasing in total death condition and economic activities of the world.


Download data is not yet available.