About the Journal
Sukkur IBA Journal of Emerging Technologies (SJET) is the international peer-reviewed, Open Access bi-annual (June and December) research journal that focuses articles which contribute new results in all domain of Engineering Emerging Technologies and is published by the Sukkur IBA University, Sukkur Pakistan.
Aims & Objectives
Sukkur IBA Journal of Emerging Technologies (SJET) will publish and encourage the submission of critically reviewed manuscripts on the cutting edge research in the field of emerging engineering technologies.
The objectives of SJET are:
1. To bring new engineering ideas, research and findings on a single platform.
2. To integrate interdisciplinary research for technological sustainable solution.
3. To provide scholarly platform to connect academia and industries for socio-economic development.
SJET welcomes regular manuscripts submission (up to 20 pages including reasonably-sized figures and references) prepared in accordance with the requirements of Journal.
Submissions must include all of the following elements: Title of the paper, abstract, keywords, illustrations, and bibliography. References should adhere to the IEEE standards, which have already been defined in the template of SJET. Figures and tables must be sized as they are to appear in print. Figures should be placed exactly where they are to appear within the text. Figures not correctly sized will be returned to the author for reformatting. Further details about submission may be found in Submission Guidelines.
SJET strictly follows the HEC guidelines regarding the Plagiarism Policy. Each manuscript will be scrutinized for originality check by Turnitin. As per HEC policy, in case that a manuscript has been found to have a similarity index of more than 18% it will be immediately either returned back to the author for correction and resubmission or will be rejected and archived.
Please Note that the parameters for similarity check involve, Add to No Repository, Exclude Bibliography, Exclude Quoted Text.
Preliminary Published / Conference Version(s)
If any portion of your submission has appeared or will appear in a conference or workshop, you should inform us of this and make sure that the submission references the conference publication and supply a copy of the conference paper to us. Also, please provide a brief description of the differences between the submitted manuscript and the preliminary paper.
Please be aware that editors and reviewers are required to check the submitted manuscript to determine whether a sufficient amount of new material has been added to consider for publication in SJET. Our one of the key requirements is that authors should only submit original work that has neither appeared elsewhere for publication, nor which is under review for another refereed publication. If authors have used their own previously published material as a basis for a new submission, they are required to cite the previous work(s) and very clearly indicate how the new submission offers substantively novel or different contributions beyond those of the previously published work(s). Any manuscript not meeting this criterion will be rejected. Copies of any previously published work affiliated with the new submission must also be included as supportive documentation upon submission.
Contents of Manuscript for submission
Submission items include the Manuscript [Abstract, Index Terms, Introduction, Proposed Methodology, Obtained Results, Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgement, References, Tables, and Figures etc.] along with the SJET Copyright Form duly filled and signed by the Authors. The manuscript template can be downloaded from here.
All submissions must represent original and novel material. We discourage submitting to more than one publication at one time. If it is determined that a paper has already appeared in anything more than conference proceedings, or appears in or will appear in a submission to any other publication before the editorial process is completed, the paper will be automatically rejected and respective author (s) would be banned for any further submission in future.
Authors are required to format the manuscript according to Journal Template. Click here to download the Journal Template. The SJET follows the IEEE referencing style. It is mandatory to follow the IEEE guidelines for references.
The aim of this Journal is to publish original research findings in the fields of Electrical, Electronics and Renewable Energy. Hence, it contains double-blind peer-reviewed articles. Please read the Peer-review Policy.
Sukkur IBA Journal of Emerging Technologies strictly follows double-blind peer review process, comprising the following steps:
- All papers submitted to the SJET are first gone through under Desk Review by an Editor. The editor may assign Associate Editors to review the quality and scope of the submitted manuscript. If the article fails to meet the journal criteria, the paper will be declined immediately and authors will be notified.
- Once the paper is submitted, the editor or Associate editors ensure that the paper follows the double-blind review policy. If the author names are found, then the author name(s) and affiliation(s) are removed from the paper and updated version is uploaded on the system either by the editor or corresponding author.
- Every submitted article is checked for the Similarity report by the Editor, before initiating the review process. Turnitin is used by the SJET as prescribed by Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan, to check the similarity of paper. As per HEC policy, in case of the manuscript has been found to have a similarity index of more than 18%, it will be immediately either returned back to the author for correction and resubmission or will be rejected and archived. This decision is made by the editor, based on the similarity ratio. (Please Note that the parameters for similarity check involve, Add to No Repository, Exclude Bibliography, Exclude Quoted Text).
- If the paper satisfies the criteria, then the editor or associate editor will send the article to at least (03) reviewers for review. Each article will be reviewed by at least 01 National and 01 International (from HEC's list of technological advance countries) reviewers with a double-blind, peer review policy.
- Reviewers are recruited from the national and international universities having a Ph.D. with reputed research profile (checked through Google Scholar and Research Gate) for the given area/field of the submitted article.
- Each reviewer is initially invited to review the article showing them the article title and abstract only. Upon acceptance of the review request, the full paper is presented and a review form is used to record their feedback and suggestions through online journal management system.
- The reviewers' recommendations will determine whether to “Accept Submission”, “Revision Required”, “Resubmit for Review” or “Decline Submission”. The final decision is made by the Chief Editor based on the reviewers’ report.
- Once the decision has been made, the review response - including the review form and suggestion, is sent to all authors of the article with editorial decision. The same email is then forwarded (BCC) to all reviewers (with Blind policy) and Associate Editors corresponding the article for ensuring transparency and high standards.
- For the papers which require only revisions, the Associate or Technical editor will re-review the paper for ensuring that the reviewer’s suggestions have been incorporated or not.
- For papers that require resubmission for review, will undergo second Round of review by the same or different reviewers to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable.
- After final Acceptance, the Author/Corresponding author will be notified and paper will be forwarded to technical editors for copy-editing, layout editing and proof reading.
The research focused on but not limited to following core thematic areas:
Renewable Energy Sources and Storage
- Solar Energy System
- Fuel cell Technology
- Hydro and Wind Energy
- Biomass and Bio-fuels
- Energy Management and Storage
- Energy Devices and Materials
Power Systems and Smart Grids
- Power Quality Issues and solutions
- Micro grid systems and their Integration Problems
- Design Control and Management
- Energy Management and Environmental Issues
- Hybrid Power System
- Distributed and Co-Generation Systems
- Power Market and Power System Economics
Electrical Machines and Adjustable Speed Drives
- AC and DC Machines and Drives
- Sensor-less Control
- PIEZO and Electrostatic Actuators
- Machine Design and Equipment Training
- Maintaininace and Fault Diagnosis
- Bearing less Driving Technologies
Power Electronics and its Application
- Hard-switching and Soft-switching static converters
- Multi-level and Matrix Converters
- Emerging Topologies
- Simulation and Control Power Converters
- Power Factor Correctors
- Active Filters and Total Harmonics Distortions Analysis
- Optoelectronics and Photonic Devices
- Power Semiconductors, Passive Components, and Packaging Technologies
- Switch-mode power Supplies and Automotive
- Applications of Power Electronics in Home Appliance, Industry and Aerospace
High Voltage Engineering and Insulation Technology
- Micro-electromechanical System (MEMS)
- Power Integrated Circuits (PIC)
- Power Engineering related Technologies
- Power System Stability and Control
- Power System transient Modeling, Simulation and Analysis
- Electromagnetic Transient Programs (EMTP)
- HVDC and FACTS Applications
- Sensors and Actuators
- Electronic Thin Films and Integrated Devices
Communication and Signal Processing
- Communication& Signal Processing
- Renewable Energy Sources and storages
- Power Systems and Smart Grids
- Electrical Machines and Adjustable Speed Drives
- Power Electronics and its application
- High Voltage Engineering and Insulation Technology
- RF, Microwave and Antenna Design
- Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Embedded and VLSI System Design
- Analog and Mixed Signal Circuits
- Control Systems and Robotics
- Biomedical Engineering Systems and Circuits
- Energy-efficient Wireless Body Sensor Networks
- Wireless Power/Energy Transfer in eHealth Applications
- Green and Battery-friendly Wireless Medical Networks
- Renewable Energy and Energy Harvesting for wireless and Body Sensor Networks.
- Telemedicine and Medical IoT
- Medical Video Transmission
- Energy Management for Medical Health Applications
- Role of 5G in Medical Health Applications